MIAMI (CBSMiami) — It’s a milestone weekend for the leader of one of South Florida’s largest churches.
The First Baptist Church of Fort Lauderdale is well-known for its Christmas spectacular and it’s also known for its Pastor Larry Thompson.
This weekend, Pastor Thompson is celebrating his 20th anniversary as head of the downtown church.
The church has grown in size and reach. Services are streamed to more than 90 countries.
Pastor Thompson said one of the biggest accomplishments during his time is increasing the church’s diversity.
“We needed to reflect the culture in which we live and so we made an intentional shift in order to become a multicultural, multi-racial fellowship. One of the things I love about our city is the diversity in our city,” said Pastor Thompson.
Sunday is the big anniversary celebration at the church located at Broward Boulevard and northeast 3rd Avenue.
The celebration starts at 10:30 a.m.
Click here for more information.
- Clueless In Cuba: Khloe Kardashian Poses Under ‘Fidel’ Sign
- Camera Catches Thief Linked To 3 Car Burglaries, Including Marked Police SUV
- Excitement For Fort Lauderdale Air Show Building At Mach Speed
- Missing Miami Beach K9 Found
- Locals Step In To Support Recovering Principal