Milestone Weekend For Pastor Of Well Known Fort Lauderdale Church
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — It’s a milestone weekend for the leader of one of South Florida’s largest churches.
The First Baptist Church of Fort Lauderdale is well-known for its Christmas spectacular and it’s also known for its Pastor Larry Thompson.
This weekend, Pastor Thompson is celebrating his 20th anniversary as head of the downtown church.
The church has grown in size and reach. Services are streamed to more than 90 countries.
Pastor Thompson said one of the biggest accomplishments during his time is increasing the church’s diversity.
“We needed to reflect the culture in which we live and so we made an intentional shift in order to become a multicultural, multi-racial fellowship. One of the things I love about our city is the diversity in our city,” said Pastor Thompson.
Sunday is the big anniversary celebration at the church located at Broward Boulevard and northeast 3rd Avenue.
The celebration starts at 10:30 a.m.
Click here for more information.
- Tropical Storm Fred Forms In Eastern Atlantic
- Heavy Rain, Seasonal High Tides Combine To Raise Potential For Flood
- Dolfan On Sun Life Renovations: “Haven’t Been This Excited In A Long Time”
- Weather Cuts Vacation Short For Some Key West Tourists, But Not All
- Florida Mom Shot After Answering Front Door