MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Miami FOP Union President Relieved of Duty For Cyber-bullying
- Ultra’s 1st Night A Reminder It’s A Musical Melting Pot
- ‘We Are Going To Move On’: Speaker Ryan After Pulling GOP Health Care Bill
- Fire Breaks Out At High-Rise Building Under Construction In Brickell
- ‘Liquor Wall’ Bill Ready For House Debate