MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- “He Died A Hero,” Funeral Service For Stoneman Douglas Coach Aaron Feis
- Stoneman Douglas Teachers Preparing For Emotional Return To School
- Police: School Shooting Suspect Got In Fight At Home Last November
- BSO: Armed School Resource Officer ‘Never Went In’ During Shooting
- Coral Springs Police Chief Praises First Responders: “We Did Save Lives That Day, As Tragic As It Was”