MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Two Arrested In Connection To Prepper Spray Robberies
- Local Playwright Turns Class Project Into Award-Winning Film ‘Moonlight’
- Two Arrested In MLK Shooting, Police Say ‘Put Guns Down’
- Trump Green Lights Keystone, Dakota Pipelines
- Mentoring Matters: Zoo Miami’s Magill Reunited With Mentor, Inspires Others