Local Organizations Provide Food & Screenings To Those In Need
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Steering You Right Through Road Closures & Detours
- Mom Upset After Daughter Allowed To Walk Home From School Alone
- Fidel Castro Breaks Silence On U.S.-Cuba Relations
- Blizzard In NE Strands Travelers At MIA & FLL
- GOP Senator Offers Medical Marijuana Plan