MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Video: Group Of 6 Loot Hialeah Gamestop During Hurricane Irma
- CBS4 Exclusive: Business Owner Says Looters Victimize 32 Metro PCS Stores During Irma
- Rubio, Curbelo Join Paul Ryan On Aerial Tour Of Keys Damage
- Hurricane Maria: Flash Flooding In Puerto Rico, Conditions Deteriorating In Dominican Republic
- Florida Keys Officials Investigate 9 Irma-Related Deaths, Need IDs