MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Yorkie On The Mend After Being Abandoned At Hollywood Police Department
- Clergy Coalition Teaches Broward Residents To Deal With Hate Crimes
- Ayala Gets Prominent Backers In Death Penalty Dispute
- Daughter-In-Law Of Elderly Purse Snatching Victim: ‘I Hope These Kids Get What They Deserve’
- Astronaut Breaks US Space Record, Gets Call From Trump