Local Organizations Provide Food & Screenings To Those In Need
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Florida Family Pleads For Info On Teen’s Killer
- State Under The Hood Of Daytona Funding Request
- South Miami Man Sentenced To Life For Father’s Murder
- Film Festival Flick Shines Light On Obscure Haitian Martial Art
- Sentencing Day For Ex-Homestead Mayor Bateman