MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Tow Truck Slams Into Miami-Dade Home
- Florida Gov. Scott: ‘4 People Likely Have Zika From Local Mosquito Bite’
- ‘Smart Solar’ Group Spends Heavily On Advertising
- Florida: Weird Stuff Just Happens Here
- Ship’s Crew Stranded For Months Off Port Everglades