Local Organizations Provide Food & Screenings To Those In Need
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Unclaimed $12 Million Lotto Ticket Expires Soon
- Child Found Wandering In Miami Beach Alley
- Florida Keys Trying To Attract Canadians With Pie
- South Florida Homeless Get An Extra Layer Of Kindness
- Police: Machete-Wielding Duo Arrested For Robbing Gas Station