Local Organizations Provide Food & Screenings To Those In Need
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Celebrants Wowed By Ft. Lauderdale Beach Fireworks Finale
- Police Remove Unauthorized Confederate Flag Flown In Florida
- Revelers Flock To The Biltmore For Fireworks Spectacular
- Police Set Up Perimeter After Coral Gables Shooting
- Man Killed Leaving Club In Wynwood