MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Teen Injured In Miami Gardens Drive-By Shooting
- Police Chase Ends In Fiery Crash In Homestead
- Undocumented Immigrants In Homestead Terrified & Troubled By Trump’s Actions
- Men Posing As Police Bust Into NW Miami-Dade Home & Rob Family At Gunpoint
- Father & Son Accused Of Shoddy Work When Handling Remains Of Dead