Local Organizations Provide Food & Screenings To Those In Need
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Body Found In Pool Of Blood On Miami Sidewalk
- Eight Killed In Church Van Crash
- Ultra Weekend Comes To A Smooth Close
- Miami Hit And Run Leaves Man In Critical Condition
- Man Arrested For Burglary After Found In Boy’s Bed Naked