MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Weston Teen Fighting For Life After Getting Hit By Car
- Suspected Hit & Run Driver Identified After Leaving Four Hurt
- Heat Cool Off Vs Clippers, Lose 100-93
- Fire Damages Businesses At Little Havana Strip Mall
- Florida Considers Anti-Discrimination Bill For LGBT Rights