Local Organizations Provide Food & Screenings To Those In Need
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Search Continues For Diver Who Went Missing Off Ft. Lauderdale
- No Big Winners, Lotto & Powerball Jackpots Roll Over
- Man Arrested After Missing Woman Turns Up Burned In Field
- Murdered Woman’s Family Wants New Missing Persons Procedures
- Locals Honor Lives Lost, Promote Safety On Krome Ave