MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A coalition of local organizations stepped up to help South Floridians in need on Saturday morning.
The group offered a Global Poverty Community Health Fair and Food Drive at the Haitian Emmanuel Baptist Church in the neighborhood of Little Haiti.
Not only did attendees get free, fresh produce, they were also able to receive health screenings.
“It’s not just about providing food, but it’s about providing healthy food, nutrition education, and accessible programming,” said Vice President of Feeding South Florida, one of the organizations that took part in the event.
- Flight Diverted To Fort Lauderdale After Passengers Injured
- Florida Supreme Court Considers Overturning Death Sentences
- Missing Miami Beach K9 Found
- MMA Fighter Jordan Parsons Dies After Hit-And-Run Crash
- Bank Robbery Suspect Caught On I-95 In Deerfield Beach