MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Caught on camera two people running away after torching a car parked in front of a home in west Miami-Dade.
It happened on July 5th just after 1 a.m.
Twenty nine year old Yannis Tapanes was staying at her sister’s house when she was awakened by a car alarm. When she looked out the window she noticed her vehicle fully engulfed in flames. Family members were able to put out the fire.
A security camera, which happened to be pointed at the car, captured two people get out of a vehicle and then one of them tosses a fiery object at Tapanes car. As it explodes in flame, the pair run off.
Tapanes car was a complete loss.
“The car was parked in the carport very close to the house. Of course the car has gasoline. There could have been a possible explosion, affecting the house and those inside. So this could have been tragic. It could have gone a lot worse,” said Detective Alvaro Zabaleta of the Miami-Dade Police Department.
Anyone with information on this case of arson is urged to call Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS (8477) or (866) 471-8477.
- Bannon Faults George W. Bush For ‘Destructive’ Presidency
- Trump Won’t Block Scheduled Release Of JFK Records
- U.S. Army Sgt. La David T. Johnson’s Funeral Held Saturday
- BSO Deputy Faces Sex Charges Involving Underage Teen
- Family, Friends & Veterans Pay Their Respects At Viewing For Soldier Killed In Niger Ambush