State Parties Rake In Millions Ahead Of Elections
TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) – The Republican Party of Florida raised about $14.9 million in little less than five months, while the Florida Democratic Party collected $13.1 million, according to newly filed finance reports.
The money was raised from April 1 through Thursday, as both parties gear up for elections that feature the big-ticket gubernatorial race.
Already this year, the GOP has raised nearly $25.3 million, about $10 million more than the Democrats.
During the most-recent period, the Republican Party reported spending $20.9 million, while the Democrats spent $10.7 million, the reports show.
“The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.”
- Child Welfare System Looks To Institute To Help ‘Steer A Course’
- Florida Environmental Protection Secretary Resigns
- Florida Gov., Staff Used Private Email Account For State Business
- Records Show Broad Effort To Funnel Maps Through Public
- Miami-Dade Commission Takes Tilt To Left, Names First-Ever Haitian-American Chair