PEMBROKE PINES (CBSMiami) – Police and a bombing sniffing dog searched Silver Trail Middle School in Pembroke Pines early Thursday morning after a threatening email was sent to one of its teachers.
The email, sent Wednesday evening from an unknown source, included the words “blowing up the school”.
The email was identical to one sent earlier in the year, to the same recipient, according to police.
As a precautionary measure, the Broward School District advised parents and students via text, Robo Call and email, not to go to the school at 18300 Sheridan Street on until the threat could be checked out.
School employees assisted police in the search, they didn’t find anything suspicious or of concern. The school district then advised parents that classes would be held as usual, but they requested that students should not bring a book bag or back pack to school.
- Golf Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87, Popularized Sport For Masses
- Charlotte Curfew Lifted, Protests Remain Peaceful At Panthers Game
- Hit & Run Leaves Skateboarder In Critical Condition
- Prado: Fernandez Told Teammate His Last Game Was His “Best Ever”
- Clinton, Trump Meet With Israeli Prime Minister In New York