PEMBROKE PINES (CBSMiami) – Police and a bombing sniffing dog searched Silver Trail Middle School in Pembroke Pines early Thursday morning after a threatening email was sent to one of its teachers.
The email, sent Wednesday evening from an unknown source, included the words “blowing up the school”.
The email was identical to one sent earlier in the year, to the same recipient, according to police.
As a precautionary measure, the Broward School District advised parents and students via text, Robo Call and email, not to go to the school at 18300 Sheridan Street on until the threat could be checked out.
School employees assisted police in the search, they didn’t find anything suspicious or of concern. The school district then advised parents that classes would be held as usual, but they requested that students should not bring a book bag or back pack to school.
- Concerns Grow After 1st Baby Born With Zika-Related Birth Defect In Florida
- Video: Miami Gardens Police Chief Tackles Suspect In Store
- Young Girls Take Stand Against Coral Springs School Employee Accused Of Molestation
- Dems Force Legislative Poll On Post-Pulse Special Session
- Consumer Group Lists Most Hazardous Summer Toys