MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — A woman’s act of kindness at a St. Petersburg Starbucks led nearly 400 people to pay it forward.
Th woman ordered an iced coffee around 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday and asked to pay for the Caramel Macchiato for the stranger in the car behind her.
The stranger returned the favor leading to a chain which kept growing.
Employees began keeping count.
The chain lasted until 6:00 p.m. when customer number 379 pulled up and declined to buy a drink for another person.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- MSD Senior On Returning To School: “Education Isn’t Going To Stop And Neither Is The NRA”
- Gov. Scott Calls For FDLE Investigation Into Parkland School Shooting Response
- Vintage Cars, Each With A Story, On Display At Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance
- Students Hold March For Gun Law Change As Final Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
- Facing Criticism Over Parkland Shooting, Broward Sheriff Says “Of Course I Won’t Resign”