FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami/NSF) – As Democrats try to unseat Republican Gov. Rick Scott in November, they will need to turn out the party faithful in Democrat-filled Broward County.
Perhaps in a nod to the importance of the county, the party’s gubernatorial candidates, Charlie Crist and Nan Rich, will spend primary-election night in Fort Lauderdale and Weston.
Crist’s campaign said this week it will hold a primary-night event at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in Fort Lauderdale.
Meanwhile, Rich, who lives in Broward, will hold her election-night party at the Bonaventure Country Club in Weston, her campaign said Wednesday.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- Grieving Father To Trump: ‘We As A Country Failed Our Children’
- Rep. Deutch: ‘It’s Not Too Soon, It’s Too Late’ To Talk About Gun Control
- State Senate Tables Gun Bills Amid Parkland Outcry
- Gov. Scott: ‘We Have To Make Changes’ On School Safety
- Florida Gun Law Restrictions Can Punish Local Officials Personally