MIAMI (CBSMiami) — One man is paralyzed after a confrontation between three young men who broke into his mother’s Miami home earlier this week.
Doctors said Bryan Perez, 20, is paralyzed from the waist down after the confrontation.
Miami-Dade Police said Perez and Sebastian Antequera , 21, were sitting in an enclosed patio Monday night before it all happened.
Perez’s mother Ana Carballo said three teens were walking around her apartment when they confronted Perez and Antequera and then demanded money.
Police said Perez and Antequera saw three 15-year olds loitering in the apartment complex located at 20761 N.E. 4th Court.
Perez became suspicious and went to confront the teens who ended up pulling out guns and forcing Perez to go back inside his porch where Antequera was still seated.
Police said the men stole property from Antequera then forced him and Perez to go inside the home.
When Antequera went inside, Perez walked in and then tried to close a sliding glass door behind him.
The bandits began shooting into the home, shattering the glass door and shooting Perez several times in his torso and other extremities.
“When I saw him on the floor I thought my son is dead and he said, ‘I’m okay. I’m okay,'” said Carballo.
Perez is listed in critical but stable condition. Antequera was not injured.
The three teens were able to get away.
Perez’s mother said she hates the boys who did this and hope police catch them.
His mother also said she is actually a nurse but couldn’t think straight when she saw her son injured. She added that her home was robbed again on Tuesday while she was at the hospital. She said she is afraid to go back.
Police said it is unclear what the armed men got away with but they are currently looking for the three men.
Anyone with information is urged to call Miami-Dade Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS.
- Hannah Ferguson On Cover Of “Ocean Drive” Swim Issue
- Army Corp To Reduce Lake Flow Fueling Algae Blooms
- Tax Cuts, School Choice, Bullying Among New State Laws
- Federal Judge Blocks Parts Of New Abortion Law
- New Charge For Man Accused In Jewish Center Bomb Plot