LEESBURG (CBSMiami/AP) — A central Florida mother who left her year old daughter in the car while she went she went to a grocery and liquor store has been charged with neglect.
Police were called Sunday afternoon by someone who saw the child alone inside the vehicle, which was parked at a shopping plaza in Leesburg.
Police say 34-year-old Shannon Mixer left the child in the vehicle for about 20 minutes. The temperature was in the low 90s Sunday afternoon in central Florida. Police say the child was clammy and flushed. According to police, Mixer said she’d left the child in the car at least six other times.
Mixer was released on bail.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Rate Of Kids Coming Into Foster Care Rising, But Is It Too Much?
- Plaintiffs Back Off Changes To Tampa-Area Districts
- Scott Urges Lawmakers To Fund Bear-Proofing Measures
- Jurors Start Deliberations, Don’t Reach Verdict In ‘Facebook Murder’ Trial
- Police Take To The Streets In Search Of Man Who Tried To Abduct A Teen