FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) — Firefighters battled a blaze early Tuesday evening at a Fort Lauderdale home and were able to put it out.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue officials said the fire appears to have started in the car port then spread to the home located at 3137 SW 16th Street.
The resident of the home was working outside on a 28-foot fishing boat in the car port when something caught fire and quickly spread through the carport and into the home. The boat was destroyed in the fire.
Chopper4 was over the scene as crews battled to put out the blaze.
The house has moderate to heavy smoke damage.
No injuries were reported.
- Wasserman Schultz Calls Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill A Nightmare
- Monroe County Schools Begin To Reopen After Irma
- Wild Animals Some Of The Smallest Victims Of Hurricane Irma
- Gov. Scott Doesn’t Answer Why Nursing Home Voicemails Were Deleted
- Study: ‘Having A Yard’ For Dogs Important For Home-Buying Millennials