FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) — Firefighters battled a blaze early Tuesday evening at a Fort Lauderdale home and were able to put it out.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue officials said the fire appears to have started in the car port then spread to the home located at 3137 SW 16th Street.
The resident of the home was working outside on a 28-foot fishing boat in the car port when something caught fire and quickly spread through the carport and into the home. The boat was destroyed in the fire.
Chopper4 was over the scene as crews battled to put out the blaze.
The house has moderate to heavy smoke damage.
No injuries were reported.
- Trump: ‘Tremendously Confident We’re Going To Win In Florida’
- Hillary Clinton ‘Not Taking Anything For Granted’ In Florida
- Thousands Of Middle School Students March With Police To End Gun Violence In Miami
- Hopes High For Passage Of Medical Marijuana Amendment
- Feds, Florida Lottery Warn Of Mega Millions Scam