TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) – Democratic gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist has topped the $5 million mark for campaign contributions.
From August 2nd through August 8th, his campaign collected $128,346 in contributions bringing their overall total to $5,011,990, according to newly filed finance records.
Also, the state during the past 10 days has sent $1.09 million in matching funds to the campaign. As of Aug. 8, the Crist campaign had spent about $2.5 million.
Meanwhile, “Charlie Crist for Florida,” a committee closely aligned with the campaign, had raised $13,857,950 as of Aug. 8 and spent $3,822,134, the reports show. Republican Gov.
Rick Scott’s campaign had raised a total of $6,583,132 and spent $1,271,227 as of Aug. 8. A committee known as “Let’s Get to Work,” which plays a critical role in Scott’s re-election bid, had raised an overall total of $33,111,427, while spending about $21 million.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- Special Election Tuesday To Fill Empty Miami-Dade Commission Seat
- Trump Meets With South Korea President Moon Jae-in Over North Korea Summit
- Broward County Holds Commission Meeting To Discuss Proposed Penny Tax Hike
- DHS, Top Law Enforcement Meet To Discuss Meddling In 2018 Elections
- Trump, Top Law Enforcement Met To Discuss FBI Actions