‘Turtles’ Tops Weak Debut For ‘Expendables 3′
In To Be Out: Gay Celebrities
MIAMI (AP) — Moviegoers continued to shell out for “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” while Sylvester Stallone’s “The Expendables 3″ was easily out-gunned in its weekend debut.
The rebooted reptiles took in $28.4 million in its second weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday. That far surpassed the $16.2 million earned by Stallone’s gang of aged warriors.
The paltry, fourth-place total for “The Expendables 3,” a PG-13 turn for the previously R-rated action franchise, is well below previous hauls. The last two “Expendables” opened with $34.8 million and $28.6 million.
Instead, the Marvel’s “The Guardians of the Galaxy” came in second with $24.7 million in its third weekend. The buddy comedy “Let’s Be Cops” landed in third with a $17.7 million opening.
The Lois Lowry adaption “The Giver” debuted with $12.8 million.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’ Will Premiere March 9, 2015
- TOTT: Pubbelly’s New Brasserie With A Twist
- South Florida Actress Stars In Supernatural Thriller “Ouija”
- Wet Weather Won’t Stop Fantasy Fest Celebrations
- The ‘Hollywood Film Awards’ Announces Award Categories