JUPITER (AP) — A West Palm Beach man who intended to listen to music through a new, stolen stereo at home ended up singing his own set of sad tunes in jail over the weekend.
Velmando Williams, 19, is out of jail on a $4,000 bond after kicking a police officer in the face and pepper-spraying a loss-prevention officer while trying to steal a stereo speaker from Wal-Mart.
The Palm Beach Post reported teen tried to leave the store with a $100 speaker hidden in his pants. The police report said the loss-prevention officer was pepper-sprayed when attempting to stop Williams.
Juniper police officers found and arrested Williams, who began kicking the windows once inside the police car and banging his head against the glass.
The officer was kicked three times, spit at and threatened to be killed while trying to subdue Williams. He is charged with committing theft, battery and simple assault of a law-enforcement officer and other charges.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Bikers Ride For Kids’ Cause During ‘Toys In The Sun Run’
- Trump Tweets SNL Is “Totally Biased, Not Funny” After Skit About His Tweeting
- Authorities: Florida Man Killed Himself Before Deputy Fired
- Feds Block Dakota Access Oil Pipeline Route, Protesters Celebrate
- New Strategy In Pennsylvania Recount Bid; Michigan To Start Soon