GREENACRES (CBSMiami/AP) — A driver awakened by police at a busy intersection led authorities on a chase before being arrested.
The Palm Beach Post reports that 21-year-old Joslet Jean-Charles was asleep behind the wheel of a 2003 Ford Taurus at a busy intersection in Greenacres, Florida, about 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
When a patrol car pulled in front of Jean-Charles, he awoke, drove around the police and fled. He abandoned the vehicle in front of the Waterway Village development.
Police did not initially find Jean-Charles, but arrested him at an address found on a bill inside the car.
He was charged with fleeing and eluding, operating without a license, resisting arrest and a probation violation. He remains in Palm Beach County Jail with a $7,000 bail. It wasn’t known if he had a lawyer.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- South Florida Under Flood Watch As Alberto Brings Heavy Rain Over Florida
- Revelers Making The Best Out of Rainy Memorial Day Weekend
- Take A Digital Bite Out Of Planta’s Coconut Ceviche
- Soggy Weekend Ahead Thanks To Subtropical Storm Alberto
- Traffic Nightmare Ahead For Miami Beach During Memorial Day Weekend