Fire Breaks Out Inside School Portable In Coral Springs
CORAL SPRINGS ( CBSMiami) — Fire crews responded to a fire at a Coral Spring school Saturday.
The fire started at about 5:30 p.m. in a portable classroom at Sawgrass Springs Middle School, a fire spokesman told the Sun-Sentinel.
A caller said they thought they saw the unit get hit by lightning but the fire department has been unable to confirm it.
Officials said there was heavy smoke damage but they were able to put out the fire quickly.
It is unclear how students of the school may be impacted.
- Gun Safety Seminar Held As Children Accidentally Shot In S.Fla.
- Trooper, Car Passenger Taken To Hospital After Traffic Stop
- Man Wanted For Having Sex With Minor In Coral Gables
- Sketch Released Of Man Wanted For Attempted Kidnapping, Armed Battery
- Search Continues For Escaped Inmate In South Florida