MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard offloaded nearly $800,000 worth of marijuana on Saturday morning.
Crews unloaded 900 pounds at the Base in Miami Beach after officials from Customs and Border Protection had intercepted the contraband off the coast of Cap Du Mole, Haiti.
They had spotted a go-fast vessel on Tuesday evening and launched their their small boat crew to investigate.
Once the smugglers saw the Coast Guard, they threw the bales of the contraband overboard and left.
The crew chased the boat for five hours but they were unable to catch up to them, so the boat got away but they were able to recover the cargo from the water.
- Pit Bull With Broken Leg In Dire Need Of Adoption
- CBS4 Exclusive: Police Catch Teen Accused In Fatal Hit & Run After He Failed To Turn Self In
- Death Investigations In Miami & Collier Co. Appear To Be Triple Murder Suicide
- Boaters Spot Massive Whale Shark Off Miami Beach
- Trump Cheating Claims Roundly Refuted