MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard offloaded nearly $800,000 worth of marijuana on Saturday morning.
Crews unloaded 900 pounds at the Base in Miami Beach after officials from Customs and Border Protection had intercepted the contraband off the coast of Cap Du Mole, Haiti.
They had spotted a go-fast vessel on Tuesday evening and launched their their small boat crew to investigate.
Once the smugglers saw the Coast Guard, they threw the bales of the contraband overboard and left.
The crew chased the boat for five hours but they were unable to catch up to them, so the boat got away but they were able to recover the cargo from the water.
- Parents Outraged Over Teen Party In Strip Club
- Fernandez Goes For 6th Straight Win As Fish Face Rays In Tampa
- Feds Won’t Send Cubans Back Until Legal Decision Is Made
- Man Charged In FSU Professor’s Murder
- Some Hispanics Face Ridicule Over Support For Trump