MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard offloaded nearly $800,000 worth of marijuana on Saturday morning.
Crews unloaded 900 pounds at the Base in Miami Beach after officials from Customs and Border Protection had intercepted the contraband off the coast of Cap Du Mole, Haiti.
They had spotted a go-fast vessel on Tuesday evening and launched their their small boat crew to investigate.
Once the smugglers saw the Coast Guard, they threw the bales of the contraband overboard and left.
The crew chased the boat for five hours but they were unable to catch up to them, so the boat got away but they were able to recover the cargo from the water.
- Trump Looks To Expand Drilling In Arctic, Atlantic Oceans
- Burglar Used Newspaper To Thwart Security Cam
- Tourism Leader Warns Budget Cut Could Cost Jobs
- Home Depot Surprises Veteran With Home Makeover
- House, Senate Narrowly Pass Bill To Avoid Government Shutdown