Coast Guard Offloads Nearly $800,000 Worth Of Marijuana
South Florida Crime
MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard offloaded nearly $800,000 worth of marijuana on Saturday morning.
Crews unloaded 900 pounds at the Base in Miami Beach after officials from Customs and Border Protection had intercepted the contraband off the coast of Cap Du Mole, Haiti.
They had spotted a go-fast vessel on Tuesday evening and launched their their small boat crew to investigate.
Once the smugglers saw the Coast Guard, they threw the bales of the contraband overboard and left.
The crew chased the boat for five hours but they were unable to catch up to them, so the boat got away but they were able to recover the cargo from the water.
- Car Involved In Deadly Hit & Run Accident Found
- FBI Releases Photos Of Bank Robbery In Tamarac
- NAACP Wants Victims Of Alleged “Racist Cops” To Come Forward
- Class Size Limits Could Be Eased For School Districts
- Cautioned Urged At Beach Due To Rip Current Risk