LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Lightning struck a near a U.S. postal service worker’s truck and sent a charge of electricity through it Friday.
The worker sustained serious burns according to Fort Lauderdale fire officials and was transported to Broward Health.
The truck was sitting at 1781 East Commercial Blvd and the worker was touching part of the vehicle at the time of the strike.
No other injuries were reported.
- Mom Pulling Kindergartener From School After Being Placed On Wrong Bus, Missing For Hours
- Power Fully Restored After Fire At FPL Plant
- Five New Non-Travel Cases Of Zika In Florida
- Tropical Storm Gaston Continues Strengthening, Expected To Become Hurricane
- Central Florida Senate Race Tilts To The Right