MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Another CBS4 personality stepped up to the viral ice bucket challenge.
This time, Chief Meteorologist Craig Setzer was challenged to take either douse himself with ice cold water or donate to charity.
He decided to take the challenge by donating $100 to ALS.
The challenges started with The ALS Association and have spread to other charities.
A participant must douse themselves with a bucket of ice water or donate $100 to the charity, but in most cases, participants go for the chilly shower.
CBS4 News Anchors Eliott Rodriguez and Irika Sargent were the first to take the challenge at CBS4.
Sports Anchor Jim Berry took the challenge Wednesday.
Weekend Meteorologist John Gerard has also been challenged by Eliott Rodriguez.
Irika Sargent forwarded the challenge to her co-anchor Rick Folbaum
For those who work to raise awareness of Lou Gehrig’s Disease, the ice bucket challenge has been a windfall.
Between July 29 and August 12, The ALS Association and its 38 chapters have received an astonishing $4 million in donations compared to $1.12 million during the same time period last year.
The ALS Association is incredibly grateful for the outpouring of support from those people who have been doused, made a donation, or both.
To donate to The ALS Association Florida Chapter, go to www.ALSAFL.org.
- Government Shutdown Affects Local Airports, National Parks
- White House Targets Filibuster, Calls For ‘Nuclear Option’ As Shutdown Enters Day 2
- Man Hurt After Strange Object Explodes, Neighbors Wondering If It Was Planted
- Preliminary Report On Las Vegas Massacre Does Not Reveal Motive
- Family: Tom Petty Died Of Accidental Drug Overdose