KEY LARGO (CBSMiami/AP) — A deadly day on the water off Key Largo after a visitor from Pennsylvania died while on a snorkeling trip.
Charles Leidigh of Mechanicsburg was with a group when the boat’s captain noticed he wasn’t moving in the water, according to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Becky Herrin.
The boat’s first mate pulled Leidigh onto the boat and attempted to revive him.
All the other snorkelers on the trip, including Leidigh’s wife and grandson, were recalled to the boat and returned to shore.
Herrin says the boat was met by paramedics, who pronounced Leidigh dead. An autopsy is pending.
- Fernandez Makes Sick Woman’s Wish Come True Day Before Passing
- Golf Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87, Popularized Sport For Masses
- Charlotte Curfew Lifted, Protests Remain Peaceful At Panthers Game
- Hit & Run Leaves Skateboarder In Critical Condition
- Prado: Fernandez Told Teammate His Last Game Was His “Best Ever”