KEY LARGO (CBSMiami/AP) — A deadly day on the water off Key Largo after a visitor from Pennsylvania died while on a snorkeling trip.
Charles Leidigh of Mechanicsburg was with a group when the boat’s captain noticed he wasn’t moving in the water, according to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Becky Herrin.
The boat’s first mate pulled Leidigh onto the boat and attempted to revive him.
All the other snorkelers on the trip, including Leidigh’s wife and grandson, were recalled to the boat and returned to shore.
Herrin says the boat was met by paramedics, who pronounced Leidigh dead. An autopsy is pending.
- School Counselor Found Not Guilty Of Molesting Coral Springs Students
- “S.O.S. Please Help Me:” Cuban Migrants Allege Coast Guard Mistreatment
- 13 People Taken Into Custody Following Airport Attack In Istanbul
- Algae Blooms Becoming Major Issue On Florida’s Treasure Coast
- FDA Asks For More Proof That Hand Sanitizers Work