KEY LARGO (CBSMiami/AP) — A deadly day on the water off Key Largo after a visitor from Pennsylvania died while on a snorkeling trip.
Charles Leidigh of Mechanicsburg was with a group when the boat’s captain noticed he wasn’t moving in the water, according to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Becky Herrin.
The boat’s first mate pulled Leidigh onto the boat and attempted to revive him.
All the other snorkelers on the trip, including Leidigh’s wife and grandson, were recalled to the boat and returned to shore.
Herrin says the boat was met by paramedics, who pronounced Leidigh dead. An autopsy is pending.
- Sightseeing Duck Trolley Catches Fire On MacArthur Causeway
- BSO Needs Help Identifying Robber Caught On Surveillance In Violent ATM Robbery
- Liberty City Students Taken To Hospital After Ingesting Drug
- Intelligence Sources: Officials Believe Russia Tried To Influence Election, Favored Trump
- Exclusive: Bully Brawl At Broward School Brings Criminal Charges