KEY LARGO (CBSMiami/AP) — A deadly day on the water off Key Largo after a visitor from Pennsylvania died while on a snorkeling trip.
Charles Leidigh of Mechanicsburg was with a group when the boat’s captain noticed he wasn’t moving in the water, according to Monroe County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Becky Herrin.
The boat’s first mate pulled Leidigh onto the boat and attempted to revive him.
All the other snorkelers on the trip, including Leidigh’s wife and grandson, were recalled to the boat and returned to shore.
Herrin says the boat was met by paramedics, who pronounced Leidigh dead. An autopsy is pending.
- Massive Fire Causes Part Of Atlanta Interstate To Collapse
- Ex-Trump University Student: ‘I Didn’t Know He Was A Con Artist’
- 2nd Undercover Cop Injured In Ambush Released From Hospital
- Mother Arrested After Teen Passes Out Pot Candy In School
- 25 Specially-Selected Hunters Join Pilot Program To Eliminate Predatory Pythons