HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – A Hollywood medical assistant has pleaded guilty to two identity theft charges.
La Toya Yvette Tillman, 33, used her position at Gastroenterology Consultants in Hollywood to access the Memorial Healthcare System database through her computer at work to steal patient identities, including names, dates of birth, and social security numbers, so that she could sell them, according to court documents.
Investigators say Tillman sold an individual approximately 2,000 identities for $1 each, and the individual told her that he used the identities to file fraudulent tax returns. In addition, in her car when she was arrested, Tillman had a list of 114 identities, including names, dates of birth, and social security numbers.
Tillman pled guilty to one count of possessing fifteen or more unauthorized access devices with the intent to defraud and one count of aggravated identity theft.
Sentencing is set for October 24th, 2014. Tillman faces up to ten years in prison for the access device charge, and a mandatory term of two years in prison, consecutive to any other term in prison, for the aggravated identity theft charge.
- Tens Of Thousands Take Part In March For Our Lives Parkland
- Students From Around U.S. Converge On Washington To March, Help Make A Change
- Student Organizers For Parkland March Pleased With Turnout, Still Have Work To Do
- March For Our Lives Event Draws Crowd On Miami Beach
- Marches Held Across The U.S. And On Six Of The Planet’s Seven Continents