Florida Charges Dropped Against Rams LB Dunbar
MIAMI (AP) — Prosecutors in Miami have dropped battery and disorderly conduct charges against St. Louis Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar stemming from a fight outside a South Beach nightclub.
Dunbar attorney Howard Srebnick said Thursday that prosecutors told a judge that the case will not be pursued.
Dunbar and NBA free agent Donte Green were both charged following a July 20 altercation outside the Dream nightclub. The charges are still pending against Green. Dunbar had claimed he was only defending himself.
Dunbar, 29, was signed in 2008 as an undrafted free agent out of Boston College by the New Orleans Saints and has played for the Rams since 2012. The NFL suspended Dunbar four games in 2013 for violating its substance abuse policy.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Dolphins, NFL Running Back’s Cellmate Death Ruled Homicide
- Erik Spoelstra Says Missing Playoffs Will Motivate Heat
- Marlins Hope To Avoid 4-Game Sweep Against Red-Hot Mets
- Mets Get Gem From deGrom, Beat Marlins For 7th Straight Win
- Time To Grab Some New Studs Before Anyone Else In Your Fantasy League Does