MIAMI (AP) — Prosecutors in Miami have dropped battery and disorderly conduct charges against St. Louis Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar stemming from a fight outside a South Beach nightclub.
Dunbar attorney Howard Srebnick said Thursday that prosecutors told a judge that the case will not be pursued.
Dunbar and NBA free agent Donte Green were both charged following a July 20 altercation outside the Dream nightclub. The charges are still pending against Green. Dunbar had claimed he was only defending himself.
Dunbar, 29, was signed in 2008 as an undrafted free agent out of Boston College by the New Orleans Saints and has played for the Rams since 2012. The NFL suspended Dunbar four games in 2013 for violating its substance abuse policy.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dolphins Spending Week In Philadelphia To Practice With Eagles Before Thursday’s Preseason Game
- Knee Injury Could Keep Dolphins Guard Kraig Urbik From Playing In Season Opener
- Byron Maxwell: ‘Yes,’ Eagles Missed Me In 2016
- Miami Hurricanes Ranked 18 In Preseason AP Poll
- Fan Essentials: What’s Most Exciting About The Mayweather-McGregor Fight?