MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- Major Mural Adds Pop Of Color To Brickell
- Family Members Want Answers Following Trooper-Involved Shooting
- Drive-By Shooting Injures Two In Miami Beach
- Parents Outraged Over Teen Party In Strip Club
- Lower Gas Prices May Lead To More Driving Memorial Day Weekend