MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- First Medical Marijuana Dispensary In Miami Beach Set To Open
- Deputies Fatally Shoot Man Who Killed 82-Year-Old Woman
- Florida Man Found Guilty Of Killing 4 With Machete
- Suspected Florida School Shooter Appears In Court
- Florida High School Football Player Killed In Drug Deal