MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- ‘He’s Going To Explode’: Tipster Told FBI About Nikolas Cruz Weeks Before
- This Stoneman Douglas Victim Still Remains In ICU, Needs Your Help
- ‘There Was Hugging. There Were Tears.’: Teachers Return To Marjory Stoneman Douglas High
- Fmr. Miami Dolphins Player Jonathan Martin Detained By Police Over Instagram Post
- Exclusive: Search Warrants In Nikolas Cruz Case Shows Investigators Trying To Find Motive