MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- Homicide Under Investigation In SW Miami-Dade
- 10-Year-Old Reported Missing Has Been Found
- FCC: AT&T, Verizon Shouldn’t Exempt Own Apps From Data Caps
- Perez Art Museum Miami Hosts Argentine Artist Julio Le Parc
- Dade Bust Ends In Arrests, Discovery Of Deadly Drug