Diver Rescued In Government Cut
Upload Breaking News Pics
MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- Bomb Squad Detonates Items After Standoff In Wilton Manors Neighborhood
- GOP Senator Offers Medical Marijuana Plan
- Miami Gardens Man Shot, Killed In Front Of Children
- Officer Who Fired Stun Gun At 61-Year-Old Woman Suspended
- Impending NE Blizzard Causes Delays & Cancellations At MIA & FLL