MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- Court Sides With School In Prom Breathalyzer Dispute
- State’s Primary Blood Center Now Testing Donations For Zika Virus
- Clinton Camp Strives For Unity As Convention Wraps
- Three Cubans Plead Guilty In Credit Card Skimming Scam
- Exclusive: Family Of Murdered Man Begs Public For Help To Find Killer