MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- 5 Shot, Including Child, Outside Of Boynton Beach Home
- Olympian Connor Jaeger Helps Weston Kids Become Fitter, Faster Swimmers
- Missing Child Found Safe On Big Pine Key
- Bogus Bongs Or Bogus Lawsuits? Pipe Maker Sues Over Fakes
- Bayfront Park Holds Women’s Rally In National Day Of Action