MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- Gov. Scott Visits Zika-Free Wynwood To Help Boost Business
- Exclusive: Reporter Shares What He Says Is Proof Of Trump’s Illegal Dealings In Cuba
- Person Stabbed At Lauderdale Lakes High School Football Game
- Matthew Keeps Gaining Strength, Becomes Category 5 Hurricane
- Concern Over Cyber Threat To Election Systems Prompts Meeting Between State, Feds