MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A diver was rescued Thursday morning in Government Cut Inlet.
The Coast Guard and Miami Beach firefighters were called to help Joe Amick who got caught in a current.
The experienced diver was reported to authorities when he was not seen for a while.
A Good Samaritan located the Amick and he was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
“I never really felt like I was going to drown, but it was a little unnerving at one point,” said Amick.
Amick was with is son when he became separated at some point.
He is in good condition.
- Dog’s Torture Inspires Activist Push For Tougher Laws Against Animal Abuse
- FHP Trooper Hospitalized After Being Struck By Alleged DUI Driver
- Plane Crashes After Declaring Mid-Air Emergency Near Miami Executive Airport
- Wrestler Rich Swann Arrested, Charged With Battery Of Wife
- Trump Playing Golf With Graham, Talking Tax Cuts And Budget