KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, Fla. (CBSMiami/AP) – A Florida woman, while watching her brother cut down a tree, was struck and killed.
Eula Manahan, 76, of Keystone Heights in northeast Florida was killed by a tree that was cut down by her brother, Al Norris.
Mary Justino, with the Clay County Sheriff’s Office, reports that Norris cut a wedge in the tree’s trunk so it would fall away from the house.
However, wood rot in the bottom of the tree made it fall prematurely.
Justino says Manahan was sitting in a lawn chair at an unsafe distance from the tree, watching her brother work when she was struck.
Manahan died at the scene, and there were no other injuries reported.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Trump Addresses Supporters On Eve Of Inauguration: ‘It’s Something Very Special’
- Dogs Given New Life After Being Rescued From South Korean Slaughter Farm
- Plantation Police On Lookout For Crime Trio Targeting, Robbing Women At Publix Stores
- Mexican Drug Lord ‘El Chapo’ Lands In New York To Face Charges
- Roof Collapses On Workers Renovating Warehouse