KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, Fla. (CBSMiami/AP) – A Florida woman, while watching her brother cut down a tree, was struck and killed.
Eula Manahan, 76, of Keystone Heights in northeast Florida was killed by a tree that was cut down by her brother, Al Norris.
Mary Justino, with the Clay County Sheriff’s Office, reports that Norris cut a wedge in the tree’s trunk so it would fall away from the house.
However, wood rot in the bottom of the tree made it fall prematurely.
Justino says Manahan was sitting in a lawn chair at an unsafe distance from the tree, watching her brother work when she was struck.
Manahan died at the scene, and there were no other injuries reported.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Rainy Weather Puts Damper On Memorial Day Celebrations In Miami Beach
- Neighbors Hear Gunfire, Police Find Body Near Canal In Miami Gardens
- Summit Between US, North Korea May Be Back On
- Miami Police Investigating Deadly Motorcycle Crash On Rickenbacker Exit Ramp
- Subtropical Storm Alberto Turns North-Northwest, No Change In Strength