MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami Heat fans will be getting a unique gift for Christmas this year, though there are some who would probably prefer a lump of coal.
LeBron James will play his first game in Miami since leaving the Heat to re-join the Cleveland Cavaliers on Christmas Day, according to ESPN.
The full NBA schedule will be released on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
The Heat have been annual fixtures for Christmas basketball since the days of Shaquille O’Neal in South Beach but this year’s game may be the most hyped out of any of its predecessors.
The game will likely be played on the ABC network at either 2:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. depending on the other teams and locations selected to play on Christmas.
- A Look Back At Dwyane Wade’s Top All-Star Game Moments
- Intentionally Fouling Poor Free Throw Shooters A Growing Issue In NBA
- Helin On Whiteside: “There Are Legitimate Concerns About His Maturity Level”
- Whiteside’s Latest Antics Casting More Doubt On Future With Heat
- Winderman: “I Don’t Sense That Riley Or The Players Protect Whiteside”