MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami Heat fans will be getting a unique gift for Christmas this year, though there are some who would probably prefer a lump of coal.
LeBron James will play his first game in Miami since leaving the Heat to re-join the Cleveland Cavaliers on Christmas Day, according to ESPN.
The full NBA schedule will be released on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
The Heat have been annual fixtures for Christmas basketball since the days of Shaquille O’Neal in South Beach but this year’s game may be the most hyped out of any of its predecessors.
The game will likely be played on the ABC network at either 2:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. depending on the other teams and locations selected to play on Christmas.
- Heat Set Franchise Scoring Record, Top Nuggets In Double OT
- Randolph Comes Through In OT To Help Kings Beat Heat 123-119
- Reflecting With Wade: The Superstar’s Career Has Come Full Circle
- Emotions High As Students, Families Visit Dwyane Wade’s Parkland 17 Exhibit
- Wade Hurt, Heat Roll Past Wizards 129-102