MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami Heat fans will be getting a unique gift for Christmas this year, though there are some who would probably prefer a lump of coal.
LeBron James will play his first game in Miami since leaving the Heat to re-join the Cleveland Cavaliers on Christmas Day, according to ESPN.
The full NBA schedule will be released on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
The Heat have been annual fixtures for Christmas basketball since the days of Shaquille O’Neal in South Beach but this year’s game may be the most hyped out of any of its predecessors.
The game will likely be played on the ABC network at either 2:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. depending on the other teams and locations selected to play on Christmas.
- Leach On Adebayo: “Everyone Around The UK Program Adored Him”
- Heat Take Kentucky’s Bam Adebayo At No. 14 In NBA Draft
- Dwork On Sports: Marlins Slugging, NHL Expanding, Dolphins Summer Breaking
- Joe Rose Show Debate: Should The Heat Trade For Paul George
- Never Played For A Super Team? Twitter Roasts LeBron’s Post Game Comment