DORAL (CBSMiami) – Doral officially has a new police chief. Chief Donald De Lucca was sworn in as chief Monday along with Deputy Chief Brian Sliman.
“Deputy Sliman and I are honored to be a part of this exceptional team and are excited to serve the great City of Doral”, said Chief De Lucca in a press release.
Mayor Luigi Boria stated, “I am thrilled about the addition of both Chief De Lucca and Deputy Chief Sliman to the Doral family. Public safety is of the utmost importance to me and I am confident our city is in safe hands”.
In his new position, the Chief will oversee 105 sworn, 40 civilians and 8 reserve officers, with an annual budget of $16 million.
Prior to becoming Doral’s police chief, De Lucca was chief for the Town of Golden Beach.
- State House Poised To Ban ‘Sanctuary City’ Policies
- Mosquito Samples Test Zika Free
- App Reveals Miami’s Top Distracted Roads
- CBS4 Exclusive: Inside Look At Abduction Scams
- Miami Officer Accused Of Terrorizing Woman