DORAL (CBSMiami) – Doral officially has a new police chief. Chief Donald De Lucca was sworn in as chief Monday along with Deputy Chief Brian Sliman.
“Deputy Sliman and I are honored to be a part of this exceptional team and are excited to serve the great City of Doral”, said Chief De Lucca in a press release.
Mayor Luigi Boria stated, “I am thrilled about the addition of both Chief De Lucca and Deputy Chief Sliman to the Doral family. Public safety is of the utmost importance to me and I am confident our city is in safe hands”.
In his new position, the Chief will oversee 105 sworn, 40 civilians and 8 reserve officers, with an annual budget of $16 million.
Prior to becoming Doral’s police chief, De Lucca was chief for the Town of Golden Beach.
- Police Arrest Wife Of Orlando Massacre Shooter Omar Mateen
- South Florida Pauses To Remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Miami Keynote MLK Jr. Day Speaker In Twitter Feud With Trump
- Zero Tolerance For Risky Riding During “Wheels Up, Guns Down”
- Florida Surfer Drowns In Puerto Rico Amid Rough Seas