MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — Mr. 305 is gettig ‘sirius’ about what he thinks you should be listening to on the radio.
Armando Christian Pérez, who is better know as the rapper Pitbull, is getting his own SiriusXM radio channel.
The channel will feature a weekly show hosted by the Miami native along with music from multiple genres which Pitbull says reflects the tunes he grew up listening to. The channel will also include Pitbull’s songs from his early days in Miami along with his current international hits.
Pitbull has had #1 hits in more than 15 countries, including “Timber” featuring Ke$ha. He recently performed “We Are One (Ole Ola)” with Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte at the opening ceremony of the FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
SiriusXM made the announcement Monday.
Pitbull’s channel is scheduled to debut in early 2015. SiriusXM has created channels for a select number of artists including Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Radio, Jimmy Buffett’s Radio Margaritaville and Willie Nelson’s Roadhouse.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Transgender People Can Enlist In Military, Judge Rules
- ‘I Lost Everything’: Morning Blaze Strikes Elderly Couple’s Home
- Con-Artists Taking Control Of Victims’ Computers In Tech Support Scam
- MIT Researchers Land Deal For Needle-Free Drug Injector, Stage Set For Market Release
- Blocks Away From Basel, Olympic Gold Medalist Aly Raisman Took On Taboo Topics