FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A man who reportedly broke into a woman’s home but got scared off before he could steal anything has been taken into custody.
On Saturday, Aug. 9th, Rickie Nelson was allegedly watching a woman in her home in the 3900 block of NW 34th Street in Ft. Lauderdale when he pulled a screen off a back window and tried to slip inside, according to police.
However, the woman noticed him, started screaming and ran toward him which scared him off, according to his arrest report. The woman then locked the window.
“It was scary, I started screaming and he ran” the woman told CBS4’s Joan Murray Monday afternoon.
A short time later she noticed that Nelson, 42, had returned and was looking at her through the same window, according to police. As the woman ran toward the window, Nelson allegedly ran off again, this time taking the screen he had removed from the window with him.
The woman called police and arriving officers set up a perimeter. The caught up with Nelson in an alley at 3980 N State Road 7. The woman then positively identified Nelson as the man who tried to break into her home.
The victim said, “I’m glad he was caught. He could come back again.”
He was arrested and charged with burglary and failing to register as a convicted felon. He was also hit with a sex offender/voyeurism charge because the first time he reportedly tried to break in the woman was only wearing undergarments.
- 3-Year-Old Girl Undergoes Surgery After Being Mauled By Dog In Florida City
- Boynton Beach Police Release Photos of Wells Fargo Bank Robbery
- Bacon-Wrapped Guava & Cream Cheese Burger Wins People’s Choice Award At SOBEWFF
- The Neighborhood Boom: Allapattah’s Diversity Key To Its Fast-Pace Growth
- Judge: Dr. Phil Interview Of ‘Cannibal Killer’ Must Be Released