MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A man was released from the hospital Monday after he was treated for a shark bite over the weekend.
The 26-year old man was in waist deep water Sunday off Lifeguard Tower 3, in the 1900 block of Ocean Drive on Hallandale Beach, when he felt some thing latch onto his foot.
The man was able to free himself and make it to shore. He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood where his foot was treated for deep lacerations.
“He started waving his arms and walked out of the water himself. He told the lifeguard ‘I have been bitten’. And when the lifeguard looked they could see it was a shark bite and they called the lifeguard station,” said city spokesperson Peter Dobens.
There’s no word on what type of shark bit the man.
- Night Of Glitz & Glam As Trump Hosts First State Dinner As President
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Public Safety Commission Convenes
- Federal Judge Orders Reopening Of DACA, After 90-Day Delay
- Woman Stabbed By Husband In Babies R Us Parking Lot
- Plans Announced For Project That Would Connect Sawgrass Expressway To I-95