MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A man was released from the hospital Monday after he was treated for a shark bite over the weekend.
The 26-year old man was in waist deep water Sunday off Lifeguard Tower 3, in the 1900 block of Ocean Drive on Hallandale Beach, when he felt some thing latch onto his foot.
The man was able to free himself and make it to shore. He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood where his foot was treated for deep lacerations.
“He started waving his arms and walked out of the water himself. He told the lifeguard ‘I have been bitten’. And when the lifeguard looked they could see it was a shark bite and they called the lifeguard station,” said city spokesperson Peter Dobens.
There’s no word on what type of shark bit the man.
- Body Of US Soldier Killed In Niger Returns Home To South Florida
- School Lockdowns Lifted After Miami Gardens Shooting
- Opioid Deaths Reportedly Down In State With Legal Marijuana
- Police: 9-Year-Old Dies After 325-Pound Cousin Sat On Her As Punishment
- Two Floridians Indicted In International Fentanyl Trafficking Ring