POMPANO BEACH (CBSMiami) — The body of an unidentified man was found floating in Pompano Beach canal. Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide detectives are investigating the death of the man whose badly decomposed body was spotted in a canal in the Palm Aire Country Club Monday morning.
South Florida Water Management District maintenance workers were performing maintenance to the C-14 canal when they spotted the body in the water around 10:18 a.m.
The body was pressed up against a floating barricade just north of the pumping station.
It’s unclear how long the body was in the water.
Homicide detectives will have to use dental records, missing person’s reports and facial reconstruction to determine his identity.
Cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Anyone with information may contact BSO Det. Ricky Libman at (954) 321-4210 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Lionfish Tournaments Remove 15K Invasive Fish From Florida Waters
- Hollywood Cell Phone Crooks Make Smashing Entrance
- Hunter Bags 1,000th Python In Everglades Eradication Program
- Special Election Tuesday To Fill Empty Miami-Dade Commission Seat
- Tropical Disturbance Moving Toward Gulf Will Bring Us More Rain