ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) — The popular restaurant chain Red Lobster is going to be moving its corporate headquarters to downtown Orlando.
It had recently been sold off from its former parent company, Darden Restaurants Inc.
The seafood restaurant chain said last week it would establish its new headquarters and restaurant support center in more than 90,000 square feet of office space in downtown Orlando.
The new location is about 15 miles from Darden’s suburban Orlando headquarters.
More than 300 people will work in Red Lobster’s headquarters and the company plans to hire another 70 employees after the move is complete in early 2015.
Last month, Darden sold Red Lobster to investment firm Golden Gate Capital, despite contentious protests from activist investors.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 2 Undercover MDPD Officers Ambushed & Shot In NW Miami-Dade
- 3 Arrested After Narcotics Sting Uncovers 47 Kilos Of Cocaine On Cargo Ship
- CBS4’s Lauren Pastrana To Host VH1 Save The Music Foundation Event Tuesday Night
- Organizers Declare Ultra An Electrifying Success
- Emotional Day In Court After ‘Toxic Tush Doc’ Sentenced To 10 Years Prison