PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Investigation Leads To New Site In Search For Missing Mom, Daughter
- BSO Arrests Father, Girlfriend In Death Of Toddler
- Fort Lauderdale Commissioner Wants To Ban Sale Of Assault Rifles At Local Gun Show
- Employee Murdered At Cutler Bay Storage Facility
- Caught On Camera: Woman With Toy Gun In Confrontation With Officer