PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Crossfit Champions Lend A Hand To Rising Star
- Broward Girls To Represent US In World Irish Dancing Championships
- Downtown Detours Set Up With Ultra Back In Town
- 240 Haitians Found Living In Cave Months After Hurricane
- ‘We Are Going To Move On’: Speaker Ryan After Pulling GOP Health Care Bill