PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Detailed Photos Of Pulse Nightclub Shooting Aftermath Released
- Charges Dropped Against Accused Rabbi Killer
- Police: Fugitive Wanted In Officer’s Fatal Shooting Captured
- Reward Raised To $21K For Info In MLK Day Shooting
- Police Identify Man Killed In Front Of Lauderhill Fish Market