PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- One Dead, Two Wounded In Early Morning Miami Gardens Shooting
- Police Identify Victim Of Deadly Drive-By Shooting In Miami Gardens
- Judge Sides With Environmental Groups That Sued Florida
- Debris Debacle: “The Governor Was Actually Doing The Price Gouging”
- Parkland Activists Working Hard Locally, Around The Nation