PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Davie Police: Man Arrested For Child Porn Had Kids’ Clothes
- Powerball Jackpot 5th Largest In Game’s History
- FDA: Halt Blood Donations In Dade, Broward Amid Possible Zika Outbreak
- Chipotle Goes From Burritos To Burgers
- Soldier From Hollywood Collapses, Dies After Training