PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- MADD: Car-Locking Systems Have Stopped 1.77 M People From Driving Drunk
- Burger King Adding Hot Dogs To Flame-Grilled Menu
- Government Redefines “Driver” To Include Google Computers In Cars
- Red Lobster Enjoys Sales Surge After Beyoncé Song Mention
- New Program Brings Wildlife To Patients’ Bedsides