PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Search Is On For Man Who Exposed Himself To A Teen
- Gun Scare Prompts Lockdown At Dillard High
- “No Confidence” Vote For Sheriff Israel Ends Thursday
- Mercedes Benz Corporate Run To Take Over Downtown Miami
- Taste Of The Town: True Japanese Cuisine Comes To South Beach At Azabu