PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Sinister Caribbean Lottery Scam Preys On Elderly
- Traffic Stop Turns Deadly After Officer Shoots Suspect
- Teen Wounded, Two Others In Custody In Miami-Dade Police-Involved Shooting
- Undercover Officer Forced To Fire During Drug Sting Operation
- 6-Month-Old Skis Across Lake, Sets Youth Record