PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Family Of Tequesta Teen Lost At Sea Starts Foundation
- Panthers Tie It Late, Win 2-1 In OT At Detroit
- Ex-Dolphin Marshall Scores Twice, Jets Win 38-20
- Man Struck After 25 Shots Fired At Miramar Home
- Driver Ejected, Killed In Crash On Palmetto