PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Clergy Coalition Teaches Residents To Deal With Hate Crimes
- French Presidential Election Down To Two Very Different Candidates
- Miami-Dade Renames Fire HQ For Former Chief Paulison
- Father Of Former FSU Star Dies In Accidental Shooting
- Police Run Down Leads In Deadly Park & Ride Party Bus Shooting