PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Mehgan Heaney-Grier: A Dive Into History
- President Obama In Miami: ‘Don’t Repeal Obamacare.’
- Granny Feelgood’s Founder Irving Fields Passes Away At 77
- BSO, SWAT Team Round Up Suspected Purse Snatchers At Motel 6
- Authorities Looking Into Brickell Construction Site Collapse