PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Viral Maternity Photo Shows Couple Together While Thousands Of Miles Apart
- Haitians Under Protected Status Given Extension To Stay In The States
- 15-Year-Old Injured In Brownsville Shooting
- City Officials ‘Trying To Change The Narrative’ Of Memorial Day Weekend On Miami Beach
- New Juice Recommendations Limit Intake For Babies