PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami) – When cats began disappearing in Port St. Lucie, many residents were concerned.
Turns out, they had a good reason to be worried.
A massive python was feasting on the cats.
Police were called to find the 12-foot-long, 120 pound Burmese python in a bush next to a dead cat.
The snake was wrangled up.
Pythons are an invasive species in South Florida and have been taking over the Everglades.
Biologists are concerned they could wipe out an entire ecosystem if not gotten under control quickly.
- Broward County Commissioners Take First Step Towards Suing Drug Companies Over Opioid Crisis
- NTSB Cites Weak Safety Culture By Owner Of Sunken El Faro
- Mom Testifies For Second Day In 3rd ‘Baby Lollipops’ Murder Trial
- Students Sickened After Taking Unknown Substance At School
- Terminated Firefighters Fight To Keep Their Jobs After Racist Incident