ST. PETERSBURG (CBSMiami/AP) — A Florida toddler is recovering from severe wounds after a family dog attacked him, according to authorities.
St. Petersburg Police said the family was staying at a hotel Friday night when their 11-year-old mixed breed Husky attacked their 18-month old son, severely biting him in the face.
The child is hospitalized in stable condition, but has significant facial wounds. The dog has been place in the custody of Pinellas County Animal Control. The disposition of the dog will be handled by animal control officials.
The family told police the dog is a long time family pet and has never shown any aggressive behavior toward the child before. The family is from Massachusetts, but is staying at a hotel while they purchase a home in Florida.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Davie Police: Alligator Spotted Feeding On Human Remains Found In Canal
- Police Have Four In Custody Following NW Dade Officer-Involved Shooting
- Vigil Held At Cincinnati Zoo Amid Protests Over Slain Gorilla
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Bonnie Continues To Dump Heavy Rainfall
- No Bond For Man Accused Of Shooting At Cop