ST. PETERSBURG (CBSMiami/AP) — A Florida toddler is recovering from severe wounds after a family dog attacked him, according to authorities.
St. Petersburg Police said the family was staying at a hotel Friday night when their 11-year-old mixed breed Husky attacked their 18-month old son, severely biting him in the face.
The child is hospitalized in stable condition, but has significant facial wounds. The dog has been place in the custody of Pinellas County Animal Control. The disposition of the dog will be handled by animal control officials.
The family told police the dog is a long time family pet and has never shown any aggressive behavior toward the child before. The family is from Massachusetts, but is staying at a hotel while they purchase a home in Florida.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Wet Mess At Cutler Bay Shopping Plaza
- Hollywood Woman’s Key Decisions Help Her Survive Armed Carjacking
- Exclusive: Plantation PD Detective Fired For Texting Sexually Explicit Video To Woman
- Cameras Catch Armed Robber Nonchalantly Case Store Before Stealing Jewelry
- Hialeah Apartment Complex Severely Damaged By Lightning Strike