MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – Police arrested and charged a man following a violent crash on the MacArthur Causeway that critically injured two people Thursday.
Isaiah Obryant, 34, was charged with reckless driving and driving without a valid license.
According to police, Obryant was traveling in a Ford F-150 more than double the posted speed limit of 40 mph when he attempted to move around a vehicle to avoid slower traffic ahead of him.
Police said he hit a Mazda near the entrance to Star Island with two people inside forcing that car to move forward and swipe a BMW.
The Mazda’s passengers were seriously injured and taken to Jackson Memorial Trauma Center.
The eastbound causeway was shut down due to the accident but was reopened around 8:00 p.m.
- Fans Overcome With Emotion Over Jose Fernandez’s Death
- Firefighter Killed In Drive-By Will Continue Riding Along In Spirit
- Loved Ones Remember Jose Fernandez’s New Close Friends Killed In Crash
- Police Arrest Man Accused Of Setting Estranged Wife On Fire
- Mentoring Matters: Big Brother, Little Brother Bond Through Basketball