MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Police burned up drugs confiscated during investigations on Thursday.
The property and evidence section of the department handled the burning which took place around 7:30 a.m.
As CBS4’s Summer Knowles drove up to the department’s secret drug burning location in Broward County they were greeted by officers decked out in their green fatigues and carrying machine guns.
They were told a serious amount of security was needed for a serious amount of drugs.
Exactly 225 barrels of marijuana.
All of it was off loaded and eventually thrown on a conveyor belt and then into the incinerator.
The drugs are evidence from resolved narcotics investigations. It’s evidence now able to be destroyed.
As far as specifics on where they do it, how they do it and how often, that information is given on a need to know basis. That information is kept secret for security reasons.
Authorities said they are glad the public knows it’s being destroyed and that they are working at it but they don’t need the public to know where they do it among other security aspects of the drug burn.
- Mentoring Matters: Shared Passion For Aviation Helps Mentor Get Mentee In The Air
- Police Chief: No Truth To Reports Of Sniper In Miami Gardens
- Tennis Instructor Accused Of Hitting Boy With Racket Asks For Family’s Forgiveness
- BSO: Suspected Kidnapper Targeted Woman Arriving For Work
- Former MLB Stars Jeter, Posada Team Up With Local Developer To Help Puerto Rico Relief