Police: Man Arrested For Making 911 Calls Due To Boredom
BOYNTON BEACH (CBSMiami) — Boynton Beach Police said they arrested a Boynton Beach man who made 911 calls due to boredom.
Officers said Robert Cuchna, 18, made the calls because he “had been bored and did not like his neighbors.”
He allegedly made a call on July 28th referencing a naked man with a gun. Five officers responded to that call.
On Augusts 2nd, he allegedly made two 911 calls but hung up.
Three days later police said he called again to report a shooting on Woolbright Road. Eight officers responded to that call.
About 20 minutes later, he allegedly called again to report a bomb in a dumpster behind 1325 S. Congress Avenue, saying it would detonate within the hour. Eight officers responded to the call.
Detectives believe Cuchna also called Crime Stoppers of Palm Beach County to give false tips on homicide cases and false animal complaints.
He is being held in Palm Beach County Jail on three counts of false 911 calls exceeding $100 in service.
- Trial Underway For Fmr. Principal Facing DUI, Drug Charges
- Guns On Campus Bill Coming Up Before Senate Panel
- Three Suspected Slaughter Farms Raided In Palm Beach
- Tourist Killed In Miami Beach Hit & Run
- Cuba’s Real Estate Market Booming Amid Renewed Relations