Man Accused Of Killing Sister-In-Law Pleads Not Guilty
Get Breaking News First
South Florida Crime
HIALEAH (CBSMiami) — A man accused of shooting his 80-year-old sister-in-law at a Hialeah home pleaded not guilty in court Friday.
Hialeah Police said Angel Dominguez, 78, shot and killed Hidelisa Echemendia.
During Friday’s court proceedings Dominguez was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
Detectives said Echemendia was killed by a single gun-shot inside the home located at 229 W 45 Street.
Echemendia had been visiting from Cuba and staying in the home with her sister Blesilda Dominguez, 87, and her husband Angel.
Blesilda Dominguez was also discovered dead inside the home, but had no visible signs of trauma.
The motive for the shooting is unknown.
Dominguez was charged with second degree murder.
- Toddler Recovering After Falling Off Balcony
- Scott’s Bus Tour Continues With Big Name Politicians
- Oprah In Town For South Florida Event
- South Florida Woman Files Lawsuit Over Recalled Airbag
- Oprah: My Calling Is To Help Other People See Their Calling