HIALEAH (CBSMiami) — A man accused of shooting his 80-year-old sister-in-law at a Hialeah home pleaded not guilty in court Friday.
Hialeah Police said Angel Dominguez, 78, shot and killed Hidelisa Echemendia.
During Friday’s court proceedings Dominguez was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
Detectives said Echemendia was killed by a single gun-shot inside the home located at 229 W 45 Street.
Echemendia had been visiting from Cuba and staying in the home with her sister Blesilda Dominguez, 87, and her husband Angel.
Blesilda Dominguez was also discovered dead inside the home, but had no visible signs of trauma.
The motive for the shooting is unknown.
Dominguez was charged with second degree murder.
- Hialeah Man Charged With 57 Counts Of Credit Card Fraud In Key Largo
- NOAA Predicts “Near Average” Hurricane Season
- Miami Gardens Teen Critically Injured In Overnight Shooting
- Two Dead After Car Slams Into Bus Full Of Students
- Swimmers Warned To Keep An Eye Out For Rip Currents