FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Police need the public’s help to find a tractor-trailer and its driver because they’re involved in a deadly crash that killed a pedestrian.
Fort Lauderdale police released a surveillance photo of the truck and have identified the pedestrian as 54-year-old David Richter.
The truck that hit and killed Richter was exiting northbound Interstate 95 to travel westbound on West Sunrise Boulevard on August 4 just after 8 p.m.
While the case is being called a hit-and-run, police said it is possible the tractor-trailer’s driver did not realize the pedestrian was hit.
The truck has a red cab and was towing a flat-bed trailer.
Anyone who knows the owner of this tractor-trailer or information on this incident is encouraged to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Jonathan Graham at (954) 828-5125 or Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- Tiger Woods Says Medication, Not Alcohol, Led To DUI Arrest
- Mentoring Matters: Drive-Thru Of Destiny For Cuban Immigrant With Amazing Voice
- Police: Man With AK-47 Opens Fire On Palmetto Expy, Hits Several Cars
- Tiger Woods Blames Prescription Meds For DUI Arrest In Jupiter
- Miami Beach Mayor To Discuss ‘Urban Beach Weekend’ Shootings At Emergency Meeting