FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Police need the public’s help to find a tractor-trailer and its driver because they’re involved in a deadly crash that killed a pedestrian.
Fort Lauderdale police released a surveillance photo of the truck and have identified the pedestrian as 54-year-old David Richter.
The truck that hit and killed Richter was exiting northbound Interstate 95 to travel westbound on West Sunrise Boulevard on August 4 just after 8 p.m.
While the case is being called a hit-and-run, police said it is possible the tractor-trailer’s driver did not realize the pedestrian was hit.
The truck has a red cab and was towing a flat-bed trailer.
Anyone who knows the owner of this tractor-trailer or information on this incident is encouraged to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Jonathan Graham at (954) 828-5125 or Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- Customers Get Their Say In FP&L Rate Hike Proposal
- Two Groups Of Cuban Migrants Come Ashore In The Keys
- Gov, Cabinet Go In-House For New Insurance Commissioner
- “Stupid Argument” Led To Deadly Pompano Beach Shooting
- Single Vehicle Crash On I-75 Claims Lives Of Three, Injures Five Others