FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Police need the public’s help to find a tractor-trailer and its driver because they’re involved in a deadly crash that killed a pedestrian.
Fort Lauderdale police released a surveillance photo of the truck and have identified the pedestrian as 54-year-old David Richter.
The truck that hit and killed Richter was exiting northbound Interstate 95 to travel westbound on West Sunrise Boulevard on August 4 just after 8 p.m.
While the case is being called a hit-and-run, police said it is possible the tractor-trailer’s driver did not realize the pedestrian was hit.
The truck has a red cab and was towing a flat-bed trailer.
Anyone who knows the owner of this tractor-trailer or information on this incident is encouraged to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Jonathan Graham at (954) 828-5125 or Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- Kaine: ‘We Know How Critical Florida Is Going To Be’
- Teen Organizes Community Luncheon To Help Bridge Divide Between Police & Citizens
- Florida Health Dept.: 2 New Possible Locally Acquired Zika Cases
- Day 2 Of Digging At Townhome Of Woman Who Vanished Over 30 Years Ago
- Coast Guard Locates Missing Boaters Off Key West