LAUDERDALE LAKES (CBSMiami) – A one-year-old girl had to be rushed to the hospital after officials said the child fell from the third-floor of a building.
According to emergency officials, the call came shortly after 10 a.m. at an apartment building located at 3821 NW 21st Street in Lauderdale Lakes.
Rescue personnel said the child leaned against a screen and fell out the window. She was reportedly with a babysitter at the time of the fall.
The child was transported to Broward Health Medical Center for treatment, but escaped serious injuries.
According to officials, the incident is being considered an accident.
Child Protective Investigations has on open case and will follow up with the family as a precaution.
No charges are being filed at this time.
- 2 Officers Shot, Killed In Kissimmee
- Shooting In NE Miami-Dade Has Residents Of Busy Gated Community On Edge
- Tropical Storm Harvey Continues Westward Over Eastern Caribbean Sea
- ‘We Ran For Our Lives’: Florida Family Feet Away From Barcelona Attack
- Driver Dead After Horrific 2-Vehicle Crash In Pompano Beach