MIRAMAR (CBSMiami) – Fire officials are investigating a fire that took place Thursday afternoon at a home in Miramar.
Marie Adrien was overcome with emotion after seeing all she had go up in flames at her home at 8624 Miramar Parkway just before 1:00 p.m.
“My family is safe.. my family is alive,” said Adrien.
Firefighters fought back flames hour after hour.
Three of the Adrien children were home with their grandfather when the two youngest said they saw fire shoot through a back playroom.
The grandfather and children were able to get out safely, witnesses said.
Neighbor Gerald James who lives next door also watched as his home had to be hosed down to avoid the same fate.
The Red Cross responded to Adrien’s home to help six people who were displaced.
It’s not clear what started the fire, but smoke could be seen billowing out of the home which is considered a total loss.
- Trump Prepared To Walk Away From North Korean Summit
- Raul Castro Exit’s Cuba’s Presidency, New Leader Named
- Taste Of The Town: South Beach’s Habitat Is A Warm, Welcoming Eatery
- President Trump To Visit Key West
- Attorney Says Jose Fernandez Probe Has Ruined His Family And Legacy