HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – A fiery scene unfolded Thursday morning in Hollywood as a garbage truck caught fire.
As a photographer was speaking with an eyewitness of the fire, the fire became more intense.
“Pretty much we were driving and we just saw him stop, it was leaking fire and he just, and we got out to help him, look, look, look!” said the witness, named Desiree.
A loud pop could be heard as the truck was engulfed in flames on Sheridan Street just east of Dixie Highway.
Witnesses said the driver was able to get out of the truck just in time.
Firefighters were called out to extinguish the fire, but the cause of it is not clear.
- Miami Gets Record 11th Super Bowl In 2020
- Fort Lauderdale Cop Fired For Racist Texts Won’t Get Job Back
- Opa-Locka Commissioner Facing Charges Is Killed In Head-On Crash
- Police Investigate Video Of Sex Between Girl And 25 Boys
- Judge Rejects Sweeping Challenge To Education System