HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – A fiery scene unfolded Thursday morning in Hollywood as a garbage truck caught fire.
As a photographer was speaking with an eyewitness of the fire, the fire became more intense.
“Pretty much we were driving and we just saw him stop, it was leaking fire and he just, and we got out to help him, look, look, look!” said the witness, named Desiree.
A loud pop could be heard as the truck was engulfed in flames on Sheridan Street just east of Dixie Highway.
Witnesses said the driver was able to get out of the truck just in time.
Firefighters were called out to extinguish the fire, but the cause of it is not clear.
- Voters Take Advantage Of Early Voting In Dade, Broward
- Scaffolding Collapses 40-Feet Up Killing 1, Injuring 2
- New Images Released Of Woman Wanted In Miami Triple Shooting
- Early And Mail-In Absentee Ballots On The Rise
- Clinton VP Pick Tim Kaine Talks Early Voting At FIU