MELBOURNE (CBSMiami/AP) – Just before his ninth birthday, a central Florida boy—while in the water with his mother—was bit by a shark.
Christian Sanhueza’s mother, Melissa Sanhueza, said the boy celebrated his ninth birthday Tuesday at Holmes Regional Medical Center recovering from the bite.
The boy and his mother were chest-deep in the water Saturday afternoon off the Patrick Air Force Base beach when, the boy’s mother says, he started yelling that a shark bit his foot.
The boy is recovering after undergoing two surgeries.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Concerns Grow After 1st Baby Born With Zika-Related Birth Defect In Florida
- Video: Miami Gardens Police Chief Tackles Suspect In Store
- Security Increased At MIA As Passengers Arrive From Istanbul
- Police: Man Caught On Camera Stealing Assault Rifles From Car Arrested
- Dispatcher: ‘My Caller Is No Longer Responding’