MELBOURNE (CBSMiami/AP) – Just before his ninth birthday, a central Florida boy—while in the water with his mother—was bit by a shark.
Christian Sanhueza’s mother, Melissa Sanhueza, said the boy celebrated his ninth birthday Tuesday at Holmes Regional Medical Center recovering from the bite.
The boy and his mother were chest-deep in the water Saturday afternoon off the Patrick Air Force Base beach when, the boy’s mother says, he started yelling that a shark bit his foot.
The boy is recovering after undergoing two surgeries.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Turning Anger Into Activism: School Shooting Victims Say ‘Never Again’
- For School Shooting Suspect, Main Question Is Life Or Death
- Family Housing School Shooter: “We Had This Monster Living Under Our Roof & We Didn’t Know”
- Motion Filed By DCF To Release Report On School Shooter From 2016
- Trump To Meet With Kids Wednesday & Officials On Thursday