WILTON MANORS (CBSMiami) – After receiving a tip, state agents say they found more than a gallon of moonshine, a high-proof distilled spirits which is illegal in Florida, inside the home of a 32-year-old man.
Marek Christopher Amann has been charged with, among other counts, possession of more than a gallon of illegal liquor and possession of a still, according to the Sun Sentinel.
According to the paper, there were even several cases of Mason jars which are typically used to serve the booze.
Amann’s charge is a third-degree felony which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison.
Amann was arrested in response to a tip which led agents with the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco to his home, the paper reports.
It is against the law to possess moonshine, distilling apparatus or any part of a still, Beth Frady, a spokeswoman with the state’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation, told the paper.
“Any violation involving moonshine is taken very seriously, as the product is typically unregulated and is usually manufactured in unsanitary conditions that can be harmful to consumers,” Frady told the paper. She also said that alcoholic beverages, in Florida, are regulated and taxed.
Amann was released on a $7,000 bond from a Broward County jail Friday.
“The Sun Sentinel contributed to this report.”
- Comey Memos Detail Trump’s Comments On Russia, Reservations About Flynn
- Organ Transplant Donors, Recipients Gather To Celebrate New Chance At Life
- Jewish History, Heritage Celebrated In Miami For Israel’s Independence Day
- Shooter Fires Through Restaurant Window, Kills 2 Florida Deputies
- Found Near Death, Stray Dog ‘Victoria’ Being Nursed Back To Health