WILTON MANORS (CBSMiami) – After receiving a tip, state agents say they found more than a gallon of moonshine, a high-proof distilled spirits which is illegal in Florida, inside the home of a 32-year-old man.
Marek Christopher Amann has been charged with, among other counts, possession of more than a gallon of illegal liquor and possession of a still, according to the Sun Sentinel.
According to the paper, there were even several cases of Mason jars which are typically used to serve the booze.
Amann’s charge is a third-degree felony which carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison.
Amann was arrested in response to a tip which led agents with the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco to his home, the paper reports.
It is against the law to possess moonshine, distilling apparatus or any part of a still, Beth Frady, a spokeswoman with the state’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation, told the paper.
“Any violation involving moonshine is taken very seriously, as the product is typically unregulated and is usually manufactured in unsanitary conditions that can be harmful to consumers,” Frady told the paper. She also said that alcoholic beverages, in Florida, are regulated and taxed.
Amann was released on a $7,000 bond from a Broward County jail Friday.
“The Sun Sentinel contributed to this report.”
- Trump Announces New US Strategy In Afghanistan: ‘We’re Not Nation Building, We’re Killing Terrorists’
- 6 People Taken To Hospital After Car Slams Into School Van, Flipping It Over
- Police: No Evidence Of Shooting At Dolphin Mall; Nothing More Than A Hoax
- No Place Kicked Off The Eclipse Like Frost Science Museum
- Millions Who Hit The Road For Total Solar Eclipse Experience Spectacular Celestial Show