MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — Another day and another delay in the South Florida trial of pop singer Justin Bieber.
A Miami-Dade County judge postponed a hearing Tuesday morning to determine whether Justin Bieber will be tried on charges of driving under the influence and resisting arrest.
The judge postponed the hearing until 1:30 p.m. Aug. 13 at the request of prosecutors and Bieber’s attorney.
Bieber was arrested Jan. 23 in Miami Beach after what police described as an illegal street race between Bieber, driving a rented Lamborghini, and a Ferrari driven by a friend, R&B singer Khalil Amir Sharieff.
Alcohol breath tests found Bieber’s level below Florida’s 0.02 limit for underage drivers, but urine tests showed the presence of marijuana and the anti-anxiety drug Xanax in his system. Bieber also was charged with driving on an expired license. Sharieff is also charged with DUI.
It’s unknown whether Bieber will attend next week’s hearing.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Bizarre Incident Leads To Man Shot At McDonald’s Drive-Thru
- Electoral College Member Says She’s Constantly Emailed To Dump Trump
- Death Toll Climbs To 36 In Oakland Warehouse Fire
- Woman In Critical Condition After Being Attacked By Dogs In Lauderhill
- Members Of Pinecrest Temple Travel To Cuba To Connect With Jewish Community There