FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A childish dare has landed a Ft. Lauderdale seven-year old in hot water after he set a room in his house on fire.
When firefighters arrived at the home at 2332 NW 16th Court on Saturday, Aug. 2nd, just before noon they found thick smoke coming from it. They quickly attacked the fire and were able to contain it to one room of origin.
In talking several people who had been inside the home when the fire started, fighters learned that one of the children, egged on by a sibling, lit a pack of firecrackers, threw them under a TV stand in a bedroom and ran outside.
Damage to the home was kept to a minimum and the fire was extinguished quickly. The boy responsible for the fire was referred to a Juvenile Fire setter program by the Fort Lauderdale Fire Marshall’s office.
- Exclusive: Pilots Describe Moments Before Crash Landing In Waters Off Haulover Beach
- Pope Francis, Russian Church Leader In Cuba For Historic Meeting
- South Carolina Primary Make Or Break For GOP Candidate Jeb Bush
- Trump Holds Campaign Rally In Tampa
- Exclusive: FIU Med Student Describes Getting Zika Virus Weeks Before Outbreak