OPA LOCKA (CBSMiami) — Trayvon Martin’s parents gave students a helping hand and a back pack filled with supplies on Saturday.
Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin helped hand out hundreds of book bags with supplies to Miami-Dade and Broward County students ranging from Pre-kindergarten through high school.
The event was part of the annual Back To School Extravaganza hosted by the The Trayvon Martin Foundation along with other local businesses.
According to the group, the event was meant to empower children to start the school year with confidence.
Trayvon Martin, 17, was killed in Sanford, in February 2012. George Zimmerman was acquitted in his shooting death last summer.
- Child Steals Mom’s Gun, Holds Up Grocery Store
- Plantation Father Accused Of Deserting Teen Son Given Hefty Bond
- Exclusive: Inside RoboVault, Storage For The Rich & Famous
- JMH: Nurse, Secretary Fired For Releasing NFL Player’s Med Info To Media
- Police, Fire & More To Participate In Emergency Drill Across Miami-Dade