MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Quarterback Ryan Tannehill got off to a strong start with two touchdown passes at the Miami Dolphins’ intrasquad scrimmage Saturday.
But the team got a scare when starting tight end Charles Clay left the field early with a leg injury. He did not return.
Running back Lamar Miller, who has had his best training camp so far, caught one of the touchdown passes and also showed off his speed and elusiveness on a few runs.
Eight players observed from the sideline for health reasons. They were wide receivers Mike Wallace, Matt Hazel and Stephen Williams, quarterback Matt Moore, linebacker Jelani Jenkins, defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, center Mike Pouncey and running back Knowshon Moreno.
After taking Sunday off, Miami will return to practice in Davie in preparation for Friday’s preseason opener at the Atlanta Falcons.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Intentionally Fouling Poor Free Throw Shooters A Growing Issue In NBA
- Helin On Whiteside: “There Are Legitimate Concerns About His Maturity Level”
- Can Cam And The Panthers Contend Again?
- Whiteside’s Latest Antics Casting More Doubt On Future With Heat
- Winderman: “I Don’t Sense That Riley Or The Players Protect Whiteside”