CORAL GABLES (CBSMiami)– Coral Gables Police passed by the home of a missing woman only to find her inside her apartment on Saturday morning leading to a confrontation with a SWAT team.
Police said Vivianne Zorrilla, 59, suffers from bouts of schizophrenia and was not taking her medication.
Officers went by her home to check and see if she had returned which is when they noticed her inside her apartment.
Zorrilla would not come out of the apartment or let any officer inside. She then barricaded herself by putting furniture up against the door.
A crisis management crew tried to negotiate with her for two hours with no success.
A SWAT team was able to get into her apartment and get her out. She was later involuntarily committed to a mental health facility under the Baker Act.
It is still unclear where she had been since she was last seen on July 28th at her apartment located at 444 Ponce De Leon Blvd.
Detectives believed she was in the company of an unidentified man.
Her family felt she could have been taken advantage of without supervision.
Anyone with information is asked to call Coral Gables Police at (305) 442-1600.
- 2 Undercover MDPD Officers Ambushed & Shot In NW Miami-Dade
- 3 Arrested After Narcotics Sting Uncovers 47 Kilos Of Cocaine On Cargo Ship
- CBS4’s Lauren Pastrana To Host VH1 Save The Music Foundation Event Tuesday Night
- Organizers Declare Ultra An Electrifying Success
- Emotional Day In Court After ‘Toxic Tush Doc’ Sentenced To 10 Years Prison