HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – New details have now surfaced about a 2013 investigation into a Hialeah officer who was accused of sleeping while on the job.
A social media user and Hialeah resident snapped a photo of Hialeah police officer Francisco Hernandez that appeared to show him sleeping in his squad car near a strip mall.
According to CBS4 news partner, The Miami Herald, the user posted the photos on Facebook, officials said. The pictures eventually caught the attention of the Chief of Police which the paper reported sparked an eight-week investigation.
The investigation found that Officer Hernandez violated the agency’s extra-duty detail rule by working while on sick leave, as well as being inattentive to duty.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)
- Miami-Dade Police Helping Shelter Dogs Get Exercise, Find New Homes
- MDX Proposing ‘Kendall Parkway’ Toll Road To Help With Commute Into Southwest Miami-Dade
- Exclusive: Victim Speaks Out About Pickpockets Captured On Surveillance Tape
- Last Of The “Cocaine Cowboys” Sentenced To 11 Years In Prison
- Supreme Court Takes Up Trump Travel Ban