HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – New details have now surfaced about a 2013 investigation into a Hialeah officer who was accused of sleeping while on the job.
A social media user and Hialeah resident snapped a photo of Hialeah police officer Francisco Hernandez that appeared to show him sleeping in his squad car near a strip mall.
According to CBS4 news partner, The Miami Herald, the user posted the photos on Facebook, officials said. The pictures eventually caught the attention of the Chief of Police which the paper reported sparked an eight-week investigation.
The investigation found that Officer Hernandez violated the agency’s extra-duty detail rule by working while on sick leave, as well as being inattentive to duty.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)
- Trump Addresses Supporters On Eve Of Inauguration: ‘It’s Something Very Special’
- Dogs Given New Life After Being Rescued From South Korean Slaughter Farm
- Plantation Police On Lookout For Crime Trio Targeting, Robbing Women At Publix Stores
- Roof Collapses On Workers Renovating Warehouse
- Lauderhill Police Name Man Wanted For Fish Market Murder