HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — Crews demolished Hollywood townhouse apartments Saturday morning to make way for a new development housing a new restaurant and upscale boutique, among other projects.
The new 25-story development will be called Hollywood Circle.
Part of the new project will also include 397 residential apartments, a 46,000 square-foot grocery store and 15,000 square feet of additional retail space.
The building was located at the northeast quadrant of Young Circle.
Those around the demolition area looked on as the building was turned to rubble.
” I waited a long time for it but it was definitely worth the wait,” said onlooker Chara Fitzpatrick.”It was really fun. Just watching it all come down in a big smoke pile was amazing.”
- Councilman Holds Town Hall In North Miami To Discuss Officer-Involved Shooting
- Owner Of Lauderhill Home Hit By Van: ‘I Just Had Come In Like 10 Minutes Before’
- Protesters Give Trump A Piece Of Their Mind Outside Doral Fundraiser
- Trayvon Martin’s Mother Speaks Out At DNC
- Gov. Scott Holds Roundtable On Zika Preps In Broward