HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — Crews demolished Hollywood townhouse apartments Saturday morning to make way for a new development housing a new restaurant and upscale boutique, among other projects.
The new 25-story development will be called Hollywood Circle.
Part of the new project will also include 397 residential apartments, a 46,000 square-foot grocery store and 15,000 square feet of additional retail space.
The building was located at the northeast quadrant of Young Circle.
Those around the demolition area looked on as the building was turned to rubble.
” I waited a long time for it but it was definitely worth the wait,” said onlooker Chara Fitzpatrick.”It was really fun. Just watching it all come down in a big smoke pile was amazing.”
- Sinkhole Forms Right Outside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
- NASA Orders Up Urgent Spacewalking Repairs At Space Station
- Police Need Leads In Suspicious Disappearance Of Coral Springs Woman
- CVS Only Selling Sunscreen With SPF 15 Or Higher
- Boat Explosion, Collisions Kept Rescues Crews Busy Over The Weekend