MIAMI (CBSMiami) – After months of delays, the tunnel connecting the airport and the interstate directly to and from PortMiami will open Sunday.
The Florida Department of Transportation says the Port of Miami Tunnel will open to traffic at 10 a.m. Sunday August 3.
The tunnel was supposed to open in May, but was set back due to some necessary repairs.
Over the past two months, successful jet fan and force main repairs, fire safety drills and testing and commissioning of the tunnel have taken place.
Both cruise and cargo traffic can use the tunnel to access PortMiami. The tunnel restrictions are a maximum height of 15 feet and a maximum width of 8 feet 6 inches.
Restricted cargo will continue to use the Port Boulevard Bridge.
- Dash Cam Captures High Speed Chase & Fight With DUI Suspect
- Aerial Spraying In & Around Zika Zone To Continue Saturday
- Miami Police Officer Surprises Girlfriend With Proposal At Award Ceremony
- Residents, Businesses Caught Between Political Fight Over Zika
- Miami-Dade Police Investigating Fatal Shooting Outside Shopping Center