MIAMI (CBSMiami) – After months of delays, the tunnel connecting the airport and the interstate directly to and from PortMiami will open Sunday.
The Florida Department of Transportation says the Port of Miami Tunnel will open to traffic at 10 a.m. Sunday August 3.
The tunnel was supposed to open in May, but was set back due to some necessary repairs.
Over the past two months, successful jet fan and force main repairs, fire safety drills and testing and commissioning of the tunnel have taken place.
Both cruise and cargo traffic can use the tunnel to access PortMiami. The tunnel restrictions are a maximum height of 15 feet and a maximum width of 8 feet 6 inches.
Restricted cargo will continue to use the Port Boulevard Bridge.
- Motion Filed By DCF To Release Report On School Shooter From 2016
- Trump To Meet With Kids Wednesday & Officials On Thursday
- Turning Anger Into Activism: School Shooting Victims Say ‘Never Again’
- Trump Tweets From South Florida, Blaming FBI For Focusing On Russia
- Family And Friends Say Goodbye to School Shooting Victim Joaquin Oliver