Tunnel To PortMiami To Open Sunday
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – After months of delays, the tunnel connecting the airport and the interstate directly to and from PortMiami will open Sunday.
The Florida Department of Transportation says the Port of Miami Tunnel will open to traffic at 10 a.m. Sunday August 3.
The tunnel was supposed to open in May, but was set back due to some necessary repairs.
Over the past two months, successful jet fan and force main repairs, fire safety drills and testing and commissioning of the tunnel have taken place.
Both cruise and cargo traffic can use the tunnel to access PortMiami. The tunnel restrictions are a maximum height of 15 feet and a maximum width of 8 feet 6 inches.
Restricted cargo will continue to use the Port Boulevard Bridge.
- The Home Depot Reports 56-Million Payment Cards Impacted By Breach
- Arrest Made In Davie Woman’s Murder
- Miami-Dade Commissioners Meet To Vote On Budget
- Police Release New Images Of Subjects Who Allegedly Beat & Robbed Man
- Apple iPhone 6 Fans Line Up Days Ahead Of Release