MIAMI (CBSMiami) – After months of delays, the tunnel connecting the airport and the interstate directly to and from PortMiami will open Sunday.
The Florida Department of Transportation says the Port of Miami Tunnel will open to traffic at 10 a.m. Sunday August 3.
The tunnel was supposed to open in May, but was set back due to some necessary repairs.
Over the past two months, successful jet fan and force main repairs, fire safety drills and testing and commissioning of the tunnel have taken place.
Both cruise and cargo traffic can use the tunnel to access PortMiami. The tunnel restrictions are a maximum height of 15 feet and a maximum width of 8 feet 6 inches.
Restricted cargo will continue to use the Port Boulevard Bridge.
- Customer Ambushed By Knife-Wielding Thief At Hollywood McDonald’s
- Miami-Dade Schools PD Needs Your Help Finding Missing Teen
- Star Wars Producers Charged After Harrison Ford Injury On Set
- “Bobby” The Pup That Went Viral Greeted With Cheers At New Job
- CBS4’s Eliott Rodriguez Talks Reconnecting With Family Ahead Of Pope’s Cuba Stop