MIAMI (CBSMiami) – After months of delays, the tunnel connecting the airport and the interstate directly to and from PortMiami will open Sunday.
The Florida Department of Transportation says the Port of Miami Tunnel will open to traffic at 10 a.m. Sunday August 3.
The tunnel was supposed to open in May, but was set back due to some necessary repairs.
Over the past two months, successful jet fan and force main repairs, fire safety drills and testing and commissioning of the tunnel have taken place.
Both cruise and cargo traffic can use the tunnel to access PortMiami. The tunnel restrictions are a maximum height of 15 feet and a maximum width of 8 feet 6 inches.
Restricted cargo will continue to use the Port Boulevard Bridge.
- $15 Billion Volkswagen Emissions Deal Faces Critical Test
- Suspicious Package At Miami Police HQ Prompts Evacuation, Detonation
- Judge Lifts Order For Mental Health Report On Broward Escapee
- Homeowner ‘Lucky One’ After 80-Foot Tree Crushes Car Near House
- Powerball Jackpot Soars To $422 Million